Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Funeral and the day after

The weekend was going by so slow and just like that today is tuesday.  Yesterday was Hannah's funeral she looked so beautiful with her purple little headband and her cream gown made just for her (from Isaiah's promise).  As i walked in the funeral home my heart started racing i was so scared about seeing Hannah again in a coffin knowing this would be the last time i ever see her.  I walked over to her and automatically started crying she looked so beautiful, so peaceful she took my breathe away.  I just stood there watching my little angel wishing this wasn't my last time seeing her little face (on earth anyway).  Family and friends starting arriving to see Hannah a lot of tears and emotions, Dr. Jamie Beversdorf, Susan Cohen, Denise a colleague of Dr. Kipel who was one of Hannah's cardiologist very sweet women, another women came with Denise from there office unfortunately i didn't get her name :-(, of course our parents were there, my sister Adrianne, Kevin's brother Stephan, Kevin's cousins and there significant other, a good friend of mine from church Jennifer came with her partner ,  god parents, more family etc.  A little after 10am the service was ready to start,  Pastor Bell who came to see Hannah a few times in the hospital and who also is a great speaker was to speak i was pleasantly surprised when i seen our Pastor Pastor Tyrone Stevenson come in to speak last i heard he was unable to attend Hannah's service he had a funeral out of town to attend too, i understood it was ok but here he was to speak at Hannah's funeral :-).


Pastor Stevenson gave such a great word it was moving, uplifting, just what we needed he brought added light to Hannah's life out of all the great things he said the one thing that stuck out for me was her time he explained that even though Hannah only lived for 2 months the time was still so much longer then the eye can see in hours she lived for 1,460.97, in minutes 87,658.1, in seconds 5,259,490 my heart and face smiled 5 billion seconds that sounds so much longer then 2 months huh? in that 5 billion plus seconds Hannah touched so many life's and people i will never forget that the hours, minutes and me  my most favorite the seconds of Hannah's life.   My oldest Kairi wrote a letter to Hannah and wanted to read it to everyone before she placed the letter with Hannah her words were on point she spoke about God taking Hannah's pain away and Hannah watching over her big sisters i was so proud to hear kairi speak about her baby sister.  Last but not least kevin spoke he wrote Hannah a beautiful poem it brought tears to my eyes he's always been good with words and poems he proved that once again with his poem.

After all the the beautiful words about Hannah was over it was time for everyone to pay there last respects before they......closed the casket *sigh* that was the hardest part i didn't want them to close it i wanted to run over to her and save her take her out of that box where she didn't belong and protect her like i've been doing for the past 11 months (pregnancy and birth) but i knew that the body i saw laying there wasn't Hannah anymore it was just her shell Hannah had moved on to a better place, a place i pray to go one day (no time soon of course ;-) lol).  We drove to the burial ground the whole time i was wondering how do they transport her little box? i wouldn't call it a casket it was so small, we arrived at the burial ground as we drove through the burial ground i looked at the different head stones and read all the different dates some family sites, some were babies, there were all different kinds. they set on her  site as we all looked at the casket one more time, my little sister wanted me to open the casket one more time but i couldn't take having to open  see her there and watching them close it again plus it was sunny and bright outside i didn't want the sun to hurt Hannah's eyes, still being a protective mom.  After everything was done my family and friends we went to eat we laughed we talked we shared stories i felt good. I felt my job was done.


About 25 years ago my mother buried my baby sister who was a little over a year, when we went to the funeral home a day after Hannah passed away i mentioned to them my mom had buried a child in new jersey, after doing some research we found out we were able to use the same land there was room for hannah since my little sister casket was small and of course Hannah's is small too.  This blew my mind because who knew donkey years later i would be 1. burying my own child 2. it would be in the same spot my sister was buried, life is so unpredictable and funny i'm sure my mother never thought the spot she buried her daughter would be the spot she comes too to bury her granddaughter too, but i tell who did know our heavenly father he knew all this would come together the way it did.  Before Hannah's passing i never visited my sister grave it was something we never did for whatever reason.  Hannah isn't alone she has her auntie with her that makes me feel a little better.  My little sister didn't have a tombstone so kevin and i decided to get a 2 in 1 for both of them i'm thinking of something with intwined hearts with there names on it.

Today was a ok day i didn't feel like doing much, it took all day just to write this post.  i would come and go one minute i was interacting with the family feeling good then the next minute i would be sad and can stop thinking about Hannah.  After the funeral service my pastor said kevin and i would need counseling when he first said i was no we will be fine ( i thought it i didn't say it to him) but after today i know for sure i am going to need it i cant control the emotions i go through its up and down  and i am not use to this i usually control my emotions you wouldn't even know i'm upset about things but this i feel like i'm wearing it on my heart and shoulders i know its going to take time but how much time? no one knows just gotta go through the motion.  The good thing is i do talk to kevin and express when i'm hurting and my feelings i've learned holding things in and letting it fester isn't good.  One day at a time with god's mercy and strength it will all work out for the good.

Sing softly the song of my angel

Sing softly the song of my angel
Let the angel let you sleep for my angel
in her wisdom has begun her angel song.

Sing softly the songs of my angel
It holds the angel power, it lets the
angel let you laugh, it lets the angel
make you cry.

Sing softly the song of my angel
In my angel you must trust my angel only
cares for you. My angel wont let anyone hurt you.

When you are lonely just close your eyes, sing softly
 the song of my angel for my angel is with you.

So sing softly the song of my angel
let my angel let you sleep for my angel
in her wisdom has begun her angel song.
By Kevin Joseph

Joshua 1:9 NLT
This is my command-Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid
or discouraged.  For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment