Thursday, May 17, 2012

She's here!!!

Hannah Gabrielle Joseph was born May 16th, @ 11:33am weighing 6lbs 4ozs 17 1/2inches. She was intubated right away I was able to hold her for a brief moment before they took her off to the nicu. I've never been so vulnerable in my life I couldn't control my tears they just kept coming I cried of fear, for my Hannah not knowing what was next, about a hour or so later i was done being assessed and in recovery I was able to go up and see Hannah she was so beautiful I still can't say who she looks like but she was just breathe taking (probably gets that from me ;-)) I stayed with her, touched her, spoke to her letting her know mommy was with her it was ok. A photographer from "As you lay me down to sleep" Andrea she was amazing she caught all our moments with Hannah after awhile I went to rest and let Hannah rest. We went back around 4pm and to our surprise Hannah wasn't intubated anymore they put her on a cpap (a cpap is a breathing device lower then a vent but higher then a non rebreather or nasal cannula) I was so happy in a few hours my baby was Doing her thing I was able to hold her again i didnt want to let her go shes so adorable. Kevin held her she's always so quiet and comfortable in daddy's hands I loved seeing them two together in my hands she squirming and fussing lol.

Today Hannah is 1 day old glory be to my god my baby girl has made it to a day old we went to see her today she was so peacefully sleeping I held her kissed her up told her I loved her, then the doctor came and told us they were taking the cpap off she didn't need it now she's on a nasal cannula breathing on her own just talking about it makes me want to bust out in a holy ghost dance H.C.C style in 1 day she has accomplished so much, I know there's more hurdles But we got this with god by our side everything is possible. It went from us not knowing how Long we would have with her to getting a whole day with her she is a miracle I know she's here for a reason she's teaching me so much about my faith, relationships with friends,family, strangers just so much I can't give the lord enough praises for bringing my baby into my life I am so blessed to be her mother so blessed to be able to take part in this amazing experience. Here are some pictures of our little Hannah

5 comments:

  1. Baby Hannah is gorgeous! When you sister posted about your birth I had to come and see more pictures of this beauty. Congrats to your family. You are truly blessed.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and prayers. What wonderful strength and joy you are displaying. I just said a prayer with my little girl.

    She took one look at your baby and said oh, how cute!

    I'll be checking in on you and looking forward to hearing more great news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of Hannah. She is beautiful. I will pray for your family. I believe in miracles, so don't ever give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gabrielle,
    Hannah is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy to have found you and your blog. It sounds like Hannah is doing wonderfully. My younger son, Zane, has Trisomy 18. He is 5 1/2 years old now. My older son will be 8 next month. The journey with Trisomy 18 is often trying, but Zane has taught me so much; I wouldn't change a thing. If you have any questions, please let me know. Zane has a blog at www.mylifewithzane.blogspot.com. I will continue to follow you and Hannah.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words. keep us in your prayers

      Delete