Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In the Hospital....

Well hello everyone things were so quiet nothing to really blog about that is until yesterday when i had the worst asthma attack ever OMG i'm still in the hospital because of it they admitted me and everything because my breathing refuses to get better these doctors have tried everything steroids magnesiums treatments out the waazoo nothing worked so today they called in the big boys first they were talking about talking me to ICU but before they do that they called in the pulmonary doctor and she's gonna try and work her magic so far i am getting relief as long as i stay still but once i move to go to the bathroom or stretch my legs the shortness of breathe comes right back with the tightness and wheezing thankful she knows what she's doing she's been pumping me all the different bronchi-dilators the only sucky part i have to wear this oxygen mask all the time after a while i start feeling claustrophobic but its working tonight i feel a lot better getting rid of a lot of back-up mucus which helps me inhale better so i can take my treatments better, i just thank god i'm starting to feel better i was scared for me and Hannah i didn't want to get intubated or sent up to ICU glory be to god Hannah is stable and im getting better slowly but surely.

Now because of this bad asthma attack one of the OB/GYN high risk doctors that i see came in to speak to me today he feels it isn't safe for me to have a cesarean because of how bad my asthma is he's concerned that if i have to sedated things could go downhill for me and he doesn't feel its worth it because of our baby prognosis that i should just go for a vaginal delivery don't monitor hannah just let whatever happens happens i personally didn't like when he said that because wether she's incompatible with life or a normal full term baby she will always be worth it to me in our eyes she is perfect already...now putting those mommy feelings aside i understand what he was trying to say because of all the steroids they are giving me my incision would take longer to heal, other complications could happen that i didn't consider, ok, so  i told the doctor i had  to speak to my fiancee first and we would get back to him i spoke to kevin and he agreed with the doctor he felt if i could possible be at risk going into the operating room it wasn't worth it i came first and its his job to protect me first, me as a mother i'm thinking well i would do whatever i had to do to get Hannah here alive until god calls her home but as i kept thinking about it i remembered i really didn't want to have a c-section and the only reason i was doing it was because the other OB/GYN kept putting in my head that trisomy 18 babies don't do good with vaginal delivery which i knew different cause most parents with trisomy 18 babies were born vaginally anyway kevin and i decided to go back to our original plan and have a vaginal delivery so no scheduled c-section now we wait on Ms. Hannah to make her surprise appearance....well until tomorrow talk to you all then..

3 comments:

  1. I'm from cafe mom I read ur post and I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about u ur baby and family! You are very strong and brave. I hope the best for your baby and your family, thank you for sharing your story please keep us updated..amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much amanda i appreciate you taking the time out to read it i will definitely keep everyone updated through the blog and cafe mom :-) thanks again

      Delete
  2. Gabby,
    Take care of yourself dear. Remember those instructions they give on flights to mommies? In case of emergency, be sure to get your oxygen mask on first so you can be there to take care of your babies. We're sending prayers and good wishes for a gentle birth experience with your little one.

    ReplyDelete